Its a common misunderstanding that you cannot copy a Pattern directly on the Arturia Spark hardware controller. This used to be the case before v.1.1.3, but since then you can use the following (super intuitive) work flow to copy a pattern:
- Hold down [SELECT] and press [ERASE]
- The Pattern select wheel will light up
- Press the (Bank ->) Pattern button you wish to copy from
- Press the (Bank ->) Pattern button you wish to copy to
- The Controller LCD will say ‘Copying Pattern X to X’
You can also copy entire Banks using the same pattern, just skip pressing the Pattern button.
This has been tested on v.1.1.4 as well.
That should have been ‘Hold down [SELECT] and press [COPY]’ i presume – otherwise you are actually erasing the pattern :-)
Thanks anyhow – I was just trying to figure this out on my new Spark LE when I found your post.
Actually the correct button combination, at least for the Spark controller is as described above.
I don’t have my controller here right now but I dug up the following forum thread and Youtube video (around 3:00) which also explains this use case:
It might be different on the LE controller though…